Thursday, July 10, 2008

7 months in China

7 months is not very long, but it is not short either. Many things can happened in just 7 months. For example, few hours of snow in China, trapped 50,000 people in a small train station, Barisan National could lose 5 states to the opposition party in just 1 day in Malaysia and just 10 minutes of earthquake in Sichuan China can killed 70,000 people. Yet, 7 months can be as short as a blink of an eye or as brief as a breeze in spring. 7 months in China passed just like that.



My new office

7 months ago, my office block has only 2 offices. 7 months later, now, there are still only 2 offices. CSSD SIP Science Hub is located at the border of SIP, Suzhou Industrial Park, and Suzhou Wei Ting Town. Basically this place is in the middle of nowhere, nothing within the radious of 5KM. And this will be my office for many months to come..... I just hope that more facilities and services will be build around the SIP Science Hub, my office.

7 months ago, white winter is something that I have always dreamed of. When I know that I will be station in Suzhou, I was so excited that I finally have the chance to work in a four seasons country. And finally I can have my white winter. But, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get, Suzhou hardly gets any snow fall big enough to accumulate on the ground. So, there goes my white winter. Thats what I been told.

Yet, thanks to global warming and climate changes, it snow heavily in Suzhou this year. To be exact, it was the biggest snow fall in 20 years. My prayer was answered, lound and clear. Ha ha!!!



Biggest snow fall in Suzhou in 20 years

It was a disaster in Suzhou. As Suzhou has not expecting such a heavy snow fall, the city was ill prepare. Suzhou city was in chaos. But, I was having fun; I was enjoying my first snow; while the rest of the people were suffering. It was fun and torture mixed together. And I finally understand, snow is only romantic in the movies.

7 months ago, life was just waking up and goes to work. 7 months later, life is still waking up and goes to work, but this time round, life is added with a twist of lemon zest. It is sweet, and yet bitter; full with fragrance and not so plain.

c'est la vie, mon ami.

No comments: