Monday, March 20, 2006

Flash Flood at IOI


Water inside IOI, they shut down the carousel



Outside view 1, taken from Popular Bookstore



Outside view 2, taken from Popular Bookstore



This happened just after about 1 hour of heavy rain. Our friend Sami will say this is an act of God, I am sure this is, but shouldn't us have consider this risk (flash flood) when we build our buildings in a tropical climate country?

What do we learned from this incident? Blame everything to God, or build better drainage systems and maintain them? Or perhaps we will just forget about this whole incident after 1 week.

I was lucky to park my car at the back of IOI, which is slightly higher then the front. Still if the flood gets any worst, my car will surely go underwater also. :P "underwater" !? hehe I was just exaggerating.

Will IOI pay for all the damages? I don't think so. In your parking ticket, it is always stated "Park @ your own risks" remember?

P.s. We are extremely lucky that we do not have hurrican and other natural disaster here.. I cannot start imagine how catastrophic it may hit us if otherwise. Perhaps then, our friend Sami can tell that to God face to face, that it is all his fault. :P

"May god help those whose car went underwater!".

No comments: