Thursday, January 26, 2006

"The Day Of The Jackal" Down......

Today, I was updating my blog, adding a new link to a friend's blog.... And after republishing it, the unexpected happened. The blog was not able to be viewed or loaded. After checking the template and all, I found out that, my template HTML were half missing... Ooh shit! I was thinking.... Anyway, in the next hour, I manage to revert to the original template, and then again add in my own old customization one by one.. faint... And now its back... phew!

One lesson I learned from this incident... "Backup", even if it is only a blog.. sigh.. I feel so ashame, as I am an software engineer, I should recognise the importance of "backup" more than anyone. And yet, I overlook the issue, in this case.

I guess its human nature to be ignorance and take it for granted. I for one, was too dependent on the features offer by Blogspot.. ha ha ha.. Well, I admit...

Fortunately, this down time does not cost me any thing this time round... (perhaps some of my time were wasted thou).

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely."
-- Rodin (1840 - 1917)

No comments: